Pages

Friday, July 26, 2013

Color-Changing Flowers

Vienna has been especially snuggly the last couple of weeks. It's not like her to just climb up on my lap for the sake of sitting there, but she's been doing it a lot lately, asking to be held, and I have not minded one little bit. She's getting so big and I love to steal any moment I can to snuggle her. Most of the times she chats away about one thing or another and likes to rub my face or give me kisses in the moments of lull between sentences. Today was a cute little moment when she wanted to sit on my lap after naptime and asked me if Finley was still sleeping. I told her he was.

"Is he dreaming?" she asked.

"I don't know," I said. "Maybe. Did you have a dream when you were sleeping?"

She nodded her head. (She has never told me she's dreamt before...)

"What did you dream about?"

"Flowers."

"Oh really? What about flowers?"

She thought for a minute. "They were blue and white and pink..."

"Ooh, they sound pretty."

"Yeah, they were beautiful flowers, Mommy. They were blue, then white, then pink. They changed colors!"

"Wow. That's sounds amazing."

"Yeah, they were beautiful." Then she paused.... "I love you mommy."


This girl melts my heart over and over again every day. I just love seeing her learn how to express herself, her thoughts and feelings...she's more like a kid now than a toddler and its so fun to see her blossom.


(Later in the day she asked to paint and went to work with her brush and paper. While I was doing some cleaning she came to show me her finished product and explained to me that she painted a picture of her dream....she only used blue, white and pink paint and told me they were color changing flowers.)


Must've been a great dream.


No comments: