Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

a morning

If you didn't know, I am a nanny. And I usually get to work at 5am. That means I crawl out of my nice, warm, cozy bed, usually around 4:30- before my husband gets up, gather my things while being blinded by every light I turn on in the house. I stumble into my car in the pitch black and on the way to work I notice that I'm driving under the speed limit because I'm still half asleep. And then I worry that I might be late because of it. Finally I arrive, turn onto a drive that is way too long and in the middle of- feel likes- nowhere, and face a day with a usually fussy child.

Well I defiantly don't like waking up at the butt-crack of dawn to go to work. I don't know why but I don't like getting out of bed before my husband. I hate squinting from the bright bathroom light when I'm trying to pee, all the while fighting the urge to crawl back into bed and go back to sleep. And I don't particularly like the dark and freaky mile-long driveway that seems to be a nesting place for deer. But on a day like today when I walk into the living room at the house I work at, look out the large front windows and the morning welcomes me like this... it all doesn't seem so bad.

2 comments:

Dana said...

Gorgeous photo!

Unknown said...

Wow! That's so pretty!!