Pages

Friday, June 5, 2009

Project

So I haven't blogged in awhile, sorry about that. I feel like I've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Things have been crazy with work, normal life stuff, and trying to "fix up" our house as we're thinking about putting it on the market soon. So I've been doing lots of cleaning, fixing little odds and ends trying to get things just right. I didn't realize how filthy my windows were until I started cleaning them, or how much a few paint touchups can make a room look so much nicer.

Our biggest project was the outside of our house. We attempted landscaping last year and just let it go- so we had to bascially start over again this year. I've decided that I like, and dislike, gardening. I like that it makes my house look nicer, and I like doing things that I can see the outcome progress; but I don't think I have the patience to be really good at it. We're definitely not perfectionists about it, but it was fun to do together.

We laid new rock in our driveway and expanded it a bit.


Most of my lilies I planted last year in the back flower bed came up nicely again this year, I only had to replant two, and we laid new mulch. Our bush still needs to get trimmed though.


This is our front of the house. We planted the "tree/bush" and laid mulch, last year we planted the hostas plants. I still want to get a couple of flowers to add to the corner bed -maybe. I haven't decided yet. We also hung some potted flowers.


Our front flower bed was kind of an experiment. It turned out okay, I don't totally love it, but it doesn't look bad either. I planted some impatience- but I didn't have many colors to choose from.


We also planted two trees in the front of the house. They still need some mulch at the bottom though.


So here it is, the finished product. Now I've got to paint a couple rooms inside and it'll be ready!

4 comments:

Kayla said...

You guys did lots of work! I always thought a house looks nicer if you have flowers around! Your house looks very nice!

Anonymous said...

second-last picture, is the guy holding the tree coming along with the package deal, i mean house and all, he looks hot, i bet he has to hold that tree for at least 5 to 7 years- before it can stand by itself, i believe you might just have a buyer-what's your price? it's beautiful.

Jessie Ward said...

The house looks beautiful! I don't even want to go look out in ours now. We have more of a dandelion garden at the moment lol. Lilies are my favorite so I like your flower choice. Haven't had a chance to pick up any new plants this year, we're supposed to have frost this weekend. YUCK! Why do we live here again....? j/k.

Unknown said...

Gosh, you do have a nice looking house! Very cute! I am glad that it is all in effort to move away though :)