Pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

14 weeks

Lately I have been realizing how little time I really have left before our baby arrives. It's exciting and nerve-wracking all at the same time! 14 weeks may not sound like a short time to you, but it does to me! For some reason when I think of time in terms of months, it seems longer. But no matter, weeks...months... she's going to be here before we know it!

I feel like my pregnancy has flown by. I guess that's a good thing though since so many woman complain that their pregnancies seem like they never end. I feel like I just found out that I'm pregnant, and now all the sudden I have a very noticeable pregnant belly and am struck with the reality that our life is going to be completely changed in just weeks!

I am enjoying being pregnant though. Sure, there are times - like when she moves onto my bladder and I have an instant and overwhelming urge to pee - that I don't enjoy. Or when I have to get up at least three times every night to use the bathroom. And when every time I do get up I feel sick to my stomach and have the urge to vomit, then, have a hard time going back to sleep. And when I gag every single time I brush my teeth. But despite all the nausea, weird body changes and the ever continuing difficulty to do normals things, I'm enjoying it.

Recently she's gotten a lot bigger and her movements are a lot stronger. I think it's cool that I can now physically see my belly move, ripple and pulsate when she moves. I enjoy that she seems to "calm" down when I rest my hand on my stomach. I think it's interesting that she loves when I do prenatal yoga. Every single time I do it I feel her move like crazy - I feel like she's doing flips in excitement or something, like she's got more room to stretch. I can feel her have hiccups. I also enjoy watching my husband think and talk about having a baby girl. I'm so excited to see him as a daddy. I enjoy throwing around name ideas, though, I've gotten to the point where I like so many names that I'm tempted to give her seven middle names just to use them all. ;) I am so insanely excited for the end of 14 weeks to see our baby girl and to hold her and kiss her!

But I'm nervous too. Real nervous. Being a mom? I've never done it before, I have no idea what I'm doing. I can try to prepare myself but I know no matter how much I do it's never going to be enough. It's not going to be just me and Andy anymore. I'm going to have a child. I'm going to give birth. I'm going to get huge and even more uncomfortable in my own body. There is so many things I need to do before then. Holy crap... that '14 weeks' thing is settling in again...

2 comments:

Kayla said...

Don't worry! It will all come natural!

omabear said...

It's going to change your life, but in a very GOOD way when SHE finally arrives. What A BLESSING children are from the LORD : ) : ) : ) : ) : )