Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

Oh Christmas tree...how lovely are your branches

I love this time of year. I know everybody says that, blah-blah-blah, but I really do. I love snow. I love Christmas music. I love the food. I love picking out gifts for people. Everybody is so happy this time of year most people are so happy this time of year....everything, I love it all.

Last year at this time I was super pregnant and I was thankful for the Holidays to distract me as we anticipated the arrival of our baby - they flew by, to my delight. This year they're flying by again, and I wish I could slow it down. But I think I've come to the conclusion that this time of year will always go by fast. That's just the way it is.

One of my favorite holiday traditions is picking out and decorating a Christmas tree. Growing up we never had a fake tree, we always had real ones. And I refuse to get a fake tree, I just love real ones too much...I love hunting for the perfect tree, cutting it down, bringing it home, smelling that spruce aroma...mmmm.

This Christmas is extra special as it is our first Christmas with a kid. Yes, I have a kid...it still feels weird to say that. The anticipation of the Holidays is so much more exciting with Vienna as part of our family. She's experiencing this all for the first time...it's so fun. Over Thanksgiving weekend we went to the Bentlyville lights display, V loved looking at all the lights. We also got our Christmas tree and brought it home to decorate. (Okay, so mommy and daddy decorated while Vienna napped.) And topped it off with a cup of hot cocoa and some Christmas music. Of course Mom has to document everything with pictures.

(Except Bentlyville....because my camera died right when we got there...) :( boo

Picking out a tree!


Taking it home...this is a classic "Mom, put me to bed" look.


Waking up from nap and seeing the tree for the first time!




2 comments:

Kayla said...

We still have yet to go to Bentleyville. I can't wait to go though! V's first Christmas is going to be super fun though! Yay!

Unknown said...

so cute. thanks