Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Bittersweet

I have a good reason for my lack of blogging, it is called: getting things done that I have put off for months. Things like...finishing Vienna's dresser that has been sitting my room since August...waiting to be sanded and painted. I don't totally love doing that sort of thing, but I must not mind it to an extent because it takes time and effort that I obviously invested. Plus it was free, so maybe that was part of it. I would post pictures but I forgot to take "before" pictures of it, so without a before picture it really wouldn't be very impressive. I'm done, that's all that matters.

Moving on.

I cannot believe that January is closer to ending than it is to beginning, which means we are rapidly approaching the big #1 for Vienna. Pretty exciting. :)

She has changed so much the last two weeks, I can't hardly believe it. Since she has been born there have been a few moments where I've experienced this over-night-change in my daughter, but never this big. Andy came home from work one day and said, "Wow, she seems so much more grown-up all of the sudden." We both noticed how she suddenly became a very obvious little toddler. Everything has changed from the way she looks, talks, interacts and plays...it's so fun to experience and witness, but slightly sad that my baby isn't so much a baby.

A few things that are different: #1. Her blabber is starting to sound like real words, like she's trying to talk in a little voice, not just baby gurgle. Granted, she still makes noises like a little bird, or a parrot, or a bear...but more often she sounds like she is talking, just can't quite pronounce the words yet. So far she can say "Mom(my)" "Dad(dy)" "Hi" and "Bye," clearly.

2. Playing. This was huge. A couple weeks ago she would flitter around the entire house walking from one thing to the next, and on and on...she never stopped, playing with one thing for a few moments, then another, and carrying things around with her. I can't even count how many times in the last two weeks I've noticed her being really quiet in the other room, too quiet...like she's getting into something she's not suppose to. So I peak my head around the corner to find her sitting nicely, playing with toys. Yet, it surprises me every time...like I'm shocked that she isn't sticking her hand in the trash or touching a houseplant or something. Nope. she's playing. Like a sweet little girl. You can see her mind working...like she starting to use her imagination to make toys do things. Its really kind of neat.
Along with her change in playing...she has become fascinated with books. She loves to look at books. She has started bringing us books to read and will sit through several little stories. (Or more often, the same story...on repeat.)

3. I'm not sure what it is about her appearance that has changed, but she just looks different. Could be the way she walks. She's developed the need for speed...she loves to walk super fast- and be chased by daddy. Maybe her hair is longer...or she's just bigger...I don't know. Maybe I think she just looks different because I just brought out her 18mo. clothes, even though most of them are still quite large on her...regardless, she looks older.

4. Another huge thing is herinteraction with us. Initiating to play with certain things, or wanting something. Her little looks that she gives. Playing along with things. It's like you can see it in her face that...she's beginning to get it. She loves to give kisses and give hugs. It's so cute...I tickle/rub her back or her face to put her to sleep and if I stop and she wants me to keep doing it she puts her hand on me and will rub it back and forth. Maybe I'm spoiling her, but I keep doing it...those are some of my favorite moments with her.

Every time she grows I have to say it is bittersweet. It is so awesome to see her develop and to see her learn things and communicate, but it's kind of sad to know that she is never going to be a little baby again.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! Glad you updated because it's so nice to stay connected through your beautiful writing and fun stories and to see pictures. She is precious and getting so big. I know what you mean about bittersweet!

Unknown said...

It's SO bittersweet. I still feel that way about both my girls - practically all the time. I thought V looked different too when I saw her on Sunday compared to Christmas a few weeks ago. I think part of the thing is that all the baby chub she had stored up is really thinning out now that she is so active. So she really does look less baby-ish. Time to have another one!!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Vienna!! I am sure you will have a fun day! Love you!
G'ma