Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Mango Chicken Salad with Chipotle Mayo

I should be sleeping. But I'm not.

Instead, I'm sharing another recipe. (Go me!) I've been wanting to share this for awhile, it's one of our favorites. It is simply so so good, you must try it.

Promise me you'll try it.

I discovered it on Sarah Fragoso website (the author of "Everday Paleo") and since then Andy and I have been eating it probably once a week for lunch! (Though it works just as well for dinner too!)

Mango Chicken Salad with Chipotle Mayo
4-5 bacon strips, diced
½ cup red bell pepper, diced
1 jalapeno, seeds removed and finely diced
3 cups already cooked chicken, diced (I used leftover grilled chicken breasts)
1 cup mango, diced
1/2 cup homemade paleo mayo - mix in chipotle powder to taste (this stuff is spicy so start with a small amount and work your way up from there)
Sliced almonds as a garnish

Shredded romaine lettuce leaves

1) In a medium sized skillet cook the bacon until almost crisp.

2) Add the diced red pepper and diced jalapeno and cook until the peppers are soft and the bacon is completely crisped.

3) Add the chicken and cook until warmed through (if you are using raw chicken, cook until the chicken is not longer pink in the middle)

4) Add the diced mango and cook until warmed through, about another 2 minutes.

5) Serve each plate with a pile of romaine, a scoop of the chicken mixture, and a drizzle of the chipotle mayo. Top with sliced almonds if desired.

A variation to the recipe could be not to cook the red pepper and mango and just add it to the salad raw. But I must stress that the mayo is a must. Don't be afraid to try it (click on the link for the recipe!) I promise it is so easy, and it makes the salad complete. (I cut the mayo recipe in half and had quite a bit leftover...but good news is that it stays good in the fridge for quite awhile!)

You should try it.

Really. You should.

Oh, and one last thing. Thanks for all the input about my last and now-history blog look! I appreciate all the comments and hope that this one is much more pleasing to the eye! Let me know if it's not. :)

3 comments:

Tia said...

I made this for lunch today....yummy :)

Unknown said...

Ok, gotta try this. Your persuasion worked because it's definitely not something I'd normally make. The blog looks amazing and super pleasing to the eye! Good job.

Leah said...

I think I might have to try this! I always make homemade mayo in the summertime - we apparrenty don't use as much mayo in the winter and it will go bad before we use it all up. I like the tase of grapeseed oil and use that EVOO is too strong of a taste, but I bet the regular is good too! I love trying new recipes - especially when people share what they like!