Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

The Birthday Girl


Vienna, you're birthday just keeps getting funner and funner every year. As we watch you grow it is such a joy to celebrate your new age and look ahead at all that awaits for you in your new year. 

Your excitement leading up to your 4th birthday was in high gear. In fact, you had a countdown started before Christmas! Your only request for your birthday was to have cake with candles. You were very specific about the candles…so I made sure to let you pick them out for your special day. 

I didn't think it was possible but every year my love for you just grows and grows. You are such a delight and not a day passes by that my heart isn't bursting with love for my special girl. You are joy itself. You love to make people laugh, you are so funny and playful. You are incredibly receptive, the way you show compassion and empathy amazes me. You are strong and you stand up for yourself, and for others. You are confident and independent. One of my most favorite things about you is the power you have in your words. The way you communicate with honesty and authority is so admirable and I absolutely love how incredibly expressive you are. I love your honest nature--you live how you feel in the moment to your fullest capability and I am so proud of that. I also love how caring you are--when you see the needs of others you do your best to help. You are becoming quite the little lady and I so enjoy watching you flourish with each passing day. I have said it a hundred times, but I'll say it again, I am so thankful to be your mommy. I am so proud of you and love you so very much. 

Happy 4th Birthday Sweet girl. :)







We asked you some questions on your birthday at the breakfast table to look back on in later years and remember how your answers change from year to year:

What is your favorite...
COLOR: Red
FOOD: Sausage
FRUIT: Banana
TOY: Your baby doll
THING TO DO: Play toys and share with Finley
MOVIE: Spirit
GAME: Sequence
SONG: Jesus loves the little children
BOOK: The magic book (Journey)
THING TO WEAR: Swimsuit
ANIMAL: Penguin
DRINK: Juice

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP: a mommy

No comments: