Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Minnesota



There is something special about going to my parents house. First, its a vacation for us--some people don't have that luxury when they visit their parents, but everything about staying there screams vacation. It's remote, quiet, we're usually there for a week (which it always seem a lot longer--in a good way) and you're surrounded by people who love you for you--no strings attached, no pressure, no expectation. What better break from everyday-life could you ask for that doesn't require a passport or a hole in my purse?

Second, there's always an abundant of very tasty coffee, and yummy breakfast (there's nothing like my parents breakfasts'!)

Third, it's surrounded by woods. Not just a block of trees and on the other side is civilization. I mean...a forest. That alone adds to the remote feeling (well, not a feeling really--its a fact) and peacefullness. Sometimes it freaks me out when I come back from visiting friends and its dark out (and by dark I mean pitch black) I start to imagine a bear wandering in the yard or raccoons ready to snip at my feat by the garage--I usually run walk really fast up the walkway to the house and make lots of noise.

Fourth, I just love spending time with my family. Going for walks, riding four-wheeler, playing games, whatever catches our fancy. I have four siblings, three sibling-in-laws, and five nieces and nephews--I don't get to see them very often so I cherish the times that I do!

These are some fun pictures I took of my nieces and nephews. They are just so cute!





I stole this picture off my sister's camera. (L to R) my big sis Heidi, me, and sister-in-law Tia (we're missing my younger sister Kayla--she's overseas!)

Oh, and Heidi posted a fabulous blog about visiting our parents--her story is quite a bit more interesting than mine!


On a side note: this is the busiest trip I've had yet! I went somewhere almost everyday--though it was all in good fun! Lots of trips with and to my other family--the in-laws, which is always a good time! I am lucky to have in-laws that feel like family :)
And I got to spend some time with some dear friends of mine! (It stinks to live so far away from life-long friends, but I do love that they're the kind of friends that when you get together its as if nothing every changed and you pick-up where you left off!)

This is a picture of some very very good friends of mine (we've been friends for ages!) Ryan, Teri and their son Ezra. They are like family!


Lastly, we drove home on Andy's birthday--so I took advantages of the fact that we were with our families and threw a little surprise birthday party for him before we left to celebrate his birthday. It was last minute (bad me) but it was fun and he didn't expect it--I'm just glad he got to enjoy that for his birthday instead of just a crummy twelve-hour car ride.


It was fun! And I can't wait to go back again :)

2 comments:

Kayla said...

Ah fun! I love all the pictures!

Unknown said...

This is my favorite post of yours so far! Very nice. LOVE all the pictures. Especially the one of Andy and the kids blowing out the candles. You should email me that one :) Oh, and the last one of us running down the path, oh, and any other cute ones that you think I just have to have :)