Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2009

My trip so far


Just a few things I love about being "home":

* Seeing family, of course :)

* Breakfast.

* Trees, trees... and more trees.

* At night it's completely dark- there is no street lights shining in my window.

* Sitting on the porch with the woods as my company- enjoying a cup of coffee.

* Walks in the woods- minus the ticks.


A few things I've realized:

* I love having a DVD player in the car- makes a twelve-hour drive go by a lot quicker

* I am more of an outdoorsy person than I thought.

* I absolutely and most positively despise bugs that swarm around your head and refuse to leave you sane.

* I should've brought warmer clothing- you think I'd know Minnesota better to bring my long-sleeves that I'd already packed away for the summer.

* It's not a good idea- unless you're a track athlete- to try jumping over an electric fence. I didn't clear it... good thing it wasn't on.



And its only been a few days- there's still more coming!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

HAAAAHAA!! How hard did the boys laugh at you when you didn't clear the fence?!?! Heeheehee. So funny.

I love the picture of everyone just standing around (obviously waiting for someone), it just looks really funny :) Can't wait to come up there!!!!1

Tia said...

Yeah....the only ones that aren't in the picture of everyone standing around is Tyvie and I.....oops! I guess we are slow! :)

I love it out here too! I'm excited to hang out with you this week :) Yay!

Kayla said...

HAHAHAAAA!!! I can totally imagine you trying to jump over the fence! Are you wearing my old boots in that picture?