Pages

Friday, May 1, 2009

St. Louis

We had a mini-vaca to St. Louis with some friends over the weekend. It felt great to get away and experience a new city! I loved the warm weather and sunshine- though I accidently left the sunblock at home and we both got burnt!


Friday we arrived and ate supper in The Hill at this cute and delicious Italian restaurant. Then we walked around The Landing and checked out the nightlife. It was so warm, when we got back to our hotel around midnight I believe it still wasn't under 80 degrees!


Saturday we went to the zoo with our friends and their kids, and saw half of our town there- apparently everyone was in St. Louis that weekend! :) The zoo was fun, and free! Andy is like a big kid himself, he loved the zoo.



We went to Busch Stadium to watch the Cardinals vs. Cubs game, and to see our towns' elementry school choir sing. Andy was determined to have a true ball game experience so he got a $7.75 bottle of beer and a $4.00 hotdog. I got a $5.00 coke. Crazy! Next time I'm bringing my own snacks.

Sunday we experienced the famous Arch. It was the second time I've been there but I was still awed by the amazing feat. We took a tram to the top of the arch- (my camera died so I took some pics from inside the arch on my friends' camera...I'll put those pictures up when I get them). It was super windy that day and when I got to the top and exited the cramped tram I thought I was just sick from the confined space. I soon realized the back and forth sway was the actual arch moving, it was nauseating. It felt like you were on a boat- trying to keep your balance. Despite the sick feeling it was very cool and an amazing view!



1 comment:

Kayla said...

I'm glad you had fun! I remember going to the arch with you, on like the hottest day of the year and we never got to go to the top:( Oh yes, to answer your question about Gabe, he's not crawling yet but he actually was up on all fours for like 3 seconds yesterday=D