Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Life lately

My blogging intentions have been good; my follow-through, however, not so good. I've had several things I've wanted to blog about, but haven't set aside time to do so. I do have a good excuse though- a new baby. I absolutely love being a mommy, love it. But, it is an adjustment to have a newborn at home. I don't mind accommodating the adjustment, it just takes a little while to get used to. Balancing the household necessities, caring for my daughter, errands, my husband and everything else, is rather challenging at times. Sometimes it's hard to remember what is priority and what's not. I constantly have to remind myself that it's okay if the laundry doesn't get done, or the house is messy, or...blogs fail to be posted. It's such a better use of my time to spend time with my daughter, enjoying these moments as a family and to try to catch up on that never-fully-satisfying rest. For to-be-mothers that statement seems so easy and obvious, but mothers that have already gone through it know that the adjustment can be a challenge. As previously mentioned, I really don't mind accommodating, it's just a new way of life.

Vienna starts my day out so joyfully. She is full of smiles and coos the minute she wakes up. I could have gotten awful sleep that night and she could've been up every two hours, but when she is up for the day she is one happy little munchkin - it's impossible not to melt at her smiles. She is officially smiley and talkative, with random happy squeals and lots of happy kicking. She is so close to laughing. She's made a few giggle-type squeals but not full out laughter. She is starting to find her hands and loves to suck on them and she loves bath time, music and being snuggled. I just love her to pieces.



More pictures and blogs to come in the next couple days!

3 comments:

Dana said...

Vienna is so adorable and you are so blessed! Wish I could have seen her in person when you were down last week.

Are you back to needing that dress altered now???

:-)

Blessings--
Dana

Mommy Missionary said...

She's beautiful! I was just telling someone yesterday how fast these years are going with our kids. It seems like just yesterday they were babies!

omabear said...

Cute pictures :) :) :) :) :)