Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My first baby shower

Monday night I hop in the car with a couple friends to meet some other ladies for a "girls' night" while Andy went with his friends for a "guys' night," one last hoo-rah before we move this weekend. We get to one of my favorite restaurants in town (a unique old-style restaurant that used to be used as a brewery) and once inside I discovered that this "girls' night" is actually in fact a baby shower for me! A total surprise, I had no idea. Who typically gets a baby shower at only 13 weeks along? I felt so loved and so honored that they did that for me. My friends said they wanted to do something since I was leaving, they've been praying for this baby almost as much as I have been- so I know they're disappointed not to be able to see it when it arrives and see me get big and pregnant! It was such a blessing and a fun night.

I felt so special. :)

My friends here are great. I am truly going to miss life here and the people most of all. Can't I just pack them up with me and take them along? ;)


3 comments:

omabear said...

Well, if you can fit as many friends in a large box, I think dad might have room for them in the trailer. If only!.....Friends are very hard to leave when moving, keep them in your heart : ) : ) : ) : ) : )

Unknown said...

On the other hand, there would be some people here who would have been hugely disappointed if you had NOT decided to move back and who wouldn't have gotten to see your huge belly and brand spankin' new baby...just sayin' :)

I am sorry you have to leave your friends though, that sucks :( I would hate to leave all the friends I have here.

Kayla said...

So fun! That was super sweet of them to give you a baby shower! Sorry you have to leave all your friends though:(