Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2009

The day has come!

On Sunday I thought I felt the baby move while driving in the car for 3 hours to my brother's house (my temporary place of residence). But it ended up being just gas.

Nice.

All day yesterday something strange was happening with my tummy and my chest, and I couldn't really figure out what was going on. I asked my sister-in-law what her heartburn felt like when she was pregnant and realized that I was having heartburn. It felt like someone was pushing on my chest and I slightly had a hard time breathing. Part of the problem solved. At 10 o'clock at night I was sitting on the couch by myself, everyone had already gone to bed, and my stomach lurched again - suddenly it finally hit me that I'd been feeling the baby move all day! YAY!!! I've been so excited to feel that from the moment I found out I was pregnant. And by the time I realized it everyone was in bed and I didn't have anybody to share it with. ;) That's okay, it's been fluttering quite a bit today again- very cool :)

Watch, I probably won't be saying that in a month or two when its constantly kicking me, but I'm enjoying it for now!

Also, my sister-in-law's midwife told her that if you can pinpoint what day you first feel your body move and then count five months from that day - that's your due date. Not sure if that's true or not, but if it is I'd be a couple weeks early! A girl can hope, right? :) But I've already programmed in my head the baby won't be born until February... that way if I'm on time, or early (not likely), I'll be surprised.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WAHOOO!!!!! :) So exciting!

Kayla said...

Yay! I'm excited for you!

But no, I don't think that midwife is right! lol! I felt Gabriel kick the very first time was 12 weeks, then by 14 weeks I felt him all the time and by 16 weeks Josh could feel him! But if I counted 5 months from 12 weeks then Gabriel would have been very early!

omabear said...

Exciting, I think that when you can feel the baby, it seems like the pregancy is more real, like, yah, there is something alive in me. Like it's more real. I know what I'm saying, when I'm saying it. : ) : ) : ) : ) : )