Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"Homesick", hormonal, or just plain tired?

It's an odd situation to be in, the one where you're in-between leaving an old life and starting a new one. We've been in Minnesota now for nearly four weeks, and of course are thankful to be fortunate enough to receive Andy's promotion and have the generosity of family to stay with, but it hasn't felt like we're actually living here yet. At least not to me. Last night I was struck with the realization that I had an entire life back in Indiana, and as I see pictures of my friends carry on with their life - the life that I normally would be part of - it makes me sad to think I'm not there. Regardless I would miss that and them, but I think it's a little more difficult since we haven't settled into a home here yet, and are having a hard time finding one, and that I haven't lived the normal daily things that I typically do. If I think about it... it has been an overload of constant stress for the last two+ months. First with packing, finishing up jobs, saying goodbyes, trying to sell our house... to the actual moving part, being away from Andy for two weeks, searching for a house, looking at house after house to be disappointed, living out of suitcases, and feeling like I'm intruding on the lives of those I'm staying with. :) So maybe I'm just tired. Or maybe I'm just hormonal.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

:(
Too bad you can't have a nice big fat glass of wine...or three. I am sure you will find something soon!

Unknown said...

I am sorry that you are down, if there is anything I can do please let me know. Are you in Brainerd? We could go on a walk or out for coffee sometime if you are alone and stuff. Face book me if you want to. I have moved a tun having lived in Alaska and North Carolina and stuff, I know how hard it can be at first.

Amy

Kayla said...

Boo :( Things will get better!