Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Project Birth Room

This next project was not originally listed on my to do list. But I am so, so, so glad it got done. We've lived in this house for 3 years now and I have always hated the color of my bedroom. Not knowing how long we were going to stay here has kept me from painting it. But when I was 7/8 months pregnant my sister-in-law, Tia, offered to help me paint it so I thought..."Heck, why not!" I'd been wanting to for forever, what better time than now...right? ;)

Haha. Right.

And since my bedroom is going to be my birth room I decided it would be really nice to make it feel a bit more homey and pulled together. 

Too bad I'm terrible at taking before pictures. :-/ But envision mess, a big ol' treadmill, and maroon everywhere with this fun teal/orange bedding I made earlier last fall...



Exactly. Disaster. Mismatched and cluttered.

So, with help from my friends (lots of suggestions on Facebook!) I picked a color and we painted away. I never thought I'd choose to paint a room cream, but after much input from friends, I did...and it turned out just right! With a teal accent chair already in my room, frames I dug out of the closet, spray painting a mirror I already had and getting creative with a few art projects and decorative pieces, I actually only ended up spending money on the paint itself for the walls, material for curtains and a $6 wall sticker from ebay.  Again, this is where those before pictures would come in really handy, so you'll just have to take my word for it when I say that it looks much better! It took me two months to finish up the decorating details, mostly because I've been finishing up all my other projects at the same time and I couldn't focus solely on this, but it is finally done! 

Okay. I'm lying. In actuality, it's not 100% done. There's still some details that need finishing touches...like, actual pictures in the frames on the wall. And maybe a great big area rug to make the room a bit more cozy. But for now, it's done, and to me it feels so ready for the 'big day!' 




Yes. It looks a little empty. That's partially because we're saving room to set up our birth tub, and partially because it's such a big space that I just have no idea what to do with it all...

Regardless, I'm loving it. And I'm so excited to have a new room!

But even more excited to have a baby in it!!! :)

No comments: